Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Cumin-Dusted Chicken Breasts with Guacamole Sauce

Cumin-Dusted Chicken Breasts with Guacamole Sauce (Adapted from CL)

For the sauce

1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1/4 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 ripe peeled avocado, seeded and coarsely mashed

For the chicken

2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons olive oil

To make the sauce

In a small bowl, mix together parsley, sour cream, green onions, lime juice, salt, cumin, red pepper and mashed avocado.

To make the chicken

Preheat oven to 400

In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cumin, salt and pepper. Season chicken with sugar mixture and press to adhere.

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken and cook until browned on one side - about 3-5 minutes. Turn the chicken breasts over and set pan in the oven. Bake until the chicken is thoroughly cooked - about 6-10 minutes depending on thickness. Spoon sauce over chicken right before serving.

Makes 4 servings.

Just found the recipe? Click here to see where we talked about it!

9 comments:

  1. okay Joe, I've got the chicken in the oven right now. I'll let you know how it turns out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe!

    Just wanted to thank you for your wonderful recipes!

    I have a life journal with the bunch of recipes of my own, but it's in Russian.

    Anyway, thank you very much for sharing your wonderful recipes and ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey - can't wait to hear what you thought!

    Ilana - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joe!

    Thank YOU very much! I used a different recipe for the chicken (with corn flakes crust), but your idea with guacamole was excellent!

    Here is my recipe. You wouldn't understand the language, but there is a picture.

    Again, thank you! http://aaronchik-mom.livejournal.com/30011.html#cutid1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ilana - Cool! Your right, couldn't read it, but it looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this a few weeks ago for some friends but I didn't have an oven safe pan, so i finished them in the Foreman grill. It worked like a charm.

    Tonight though, I bought a new pan and will be trying it in the oven.
    I told my mother in law about this recipe and she was very impressed!

    It sounds so fancy yet it's soooo simple :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kayla - I'm glad to hear that it worked well on the foreman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had this last night, and I have to say wow. It was a hit. We were out of sour cream somehow so I just made the guac that I always do. A side of black beans and rice with some kick from a jalepeno it was perfect. My 5 year old son was over the moon, saying that something special was in the chicken to make it sweet. Ha. Clean plates all around. Whoo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kandice - We so loved this too. A great way to spice up plain 'ol chicken breasts!

    ReplyDelete