Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Dark Chocolate Cookies with Espresso

Dark Chocolate Cookies with Espresso (Adapted from Everyday Food)

4 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
4 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt 4 ounces of the chopped chocolate over a double-boiler or in the microwave - when smooth, stir in espresso powder. Set aside to rest while you prepare the remaining ingredients.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.

In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until combined and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Mix in vanilla. Beat in the melted chocolate and espresso mixture. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined - fold in coarsely chopped chocolate.

Scoop dough by two-tablespoon amounts and place onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Place into the oven and bake until the edges are just dry, about 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 22 to 24 cookies.

Just found the recipe? Click here to see where we talked about it!

6 comments:

  1. Why do I ever read your blog when I am hungry? I am soooo drooling right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these a while back. If there's such thing as a "sleeper" cookie, it's this one. The recipe is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled this recipe from Everyday Food and it's been sitting in my stack of must try recipes. Seeing your beautiful cookies has moved the recipe to the top of my stack. Can't wait to give them a try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ari - hee hee!

    Anna - I know what you mean! I won't be forgetting this one.

    Martha - Enjoy the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just printed out the recipe and will start baking these cookies. Can't wait to taste them! Wish me luck.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail - I hope your cookies turned out well!

    ReplyDelete