Thursday, May 12, 2005

Eggnog Cheesecake Bars

Eggnog Cheesecake BarsEggnog Cheesecake Bars (Adapted from Land O Lakes)

For the crust

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar

For the filling

16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup eggnog
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tablespoons rum
1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and nutmeg.

In a large mixing bowl, beat together sugar and butter until creamy. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined - it should be crumbly. Scoop the mixture into the bottom of a 9" by 13" baking dish coated with nonstick spray. Press the crumbly mixture down to form an even crust. Bake until lightly golden around the edges, about 14 to 16 minutes.

Meanwhile, add cream cheese, sugar and flour to the same mixing bowl. Beat until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Mix in eggnog until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low just until combined. Stir in rum.

Spread filling over hot, partially baked crust - sprinkle the top with nutmeg. Place back in the oven and continue to bake until the center is almost set, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove and cool completely - place in the refrigerator to chill for a couple hours before cutting into bars.

Just found the recipe? Click here to see where we talked about it!

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this.
    My husband loves Egg-Nog & Cheesecake. I bet he'll really like this.
    If you like Egg-Nog try it with cinnamon schnapps, this has become a new favorite for us. Yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm..love eggnog & cheesecake! I think I would like mine a little thicker---would you recommend a 9x9 pan & cut the crust ingredients appropriately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made an eggnog quick bread with buttery rum glaze that was wonderful. Maybe with your leftover eggnog...
    These look wonderful. Maybe next year when eggnog is plentiful.
    They are bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorie - Dang - Cinnamon schnapps eh? I haven't had that in ages, but I'd love to try that combo!

    JEP - You could, but I like the proportion of filling to crust in these bars. I imagine it would be just fine though - you will have to play around with the baking time.

    Megan - I'll look for that, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to give these a try...I have eggnog left over...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha...oh my goodness!
    I love eggnog. I went to the store, yesterday, to see if there was any left, and there wasn't. I was so mad.
    Luckily, I had bought 2 cartons a week earlier. ;) What can I say? It goes great in coffee.

    Thanks for posting. Have to remember these for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hendria - Hope you like it!

    Emiline - We are not big coffee drinkers, but maybe this will make us change our minds!

    ReplyDelete