Tuesday, May 17, 2005

High Heat Eye of Round Roast

High Heat Eye of Round Roast

2 to 3 pound trimmed Eye of Round roast
seasonings of your choice

Preheat oven to 500 degrees

Generously season roast - set roast on a rack inside of a shallow roasting pan covered with foil.

Place roast into the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 475 degrees. Bake 7 minutes per pound. Once the time has past, turn the oven off and let the roast sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours. During this time, do not open the door at all.

Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before thinly slicing to serve.

Just found the recipe? Click here to see where we talked about it!

6 comments:

  1. Is the roast covered with foil oris the pan covered with foil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon - no, just the pan. Easy clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday Joe!
    Oh I'm so happy you tried this! I've seen the recipe before but have been chicken to give it a whirl...and eye of the round roast is the only type we buy.....was what my parents always bought so that's all I know. Looking at the pictures of the roast you cooked and how beautifully pink and juicy it is...well....you've sold me.
    I use a meat slicer to get paper thin slices when I roast an eye of the round-perfect for French Dip sandwiches...hot roast beef sandwiches.....a roast beef sub loaded with veggies...

    Ok...now I'm hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol - Great idea! I wish we had a meat slicer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Joe! So, line the pan w/foil and leave the roast uncovered. Got it. Does this make au jus, or do you make your own or have a simple recipe for the jus?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Washington - I don't remember there being enough drippings leftover for anything.

    ReplyDelete