Sunday, May 15, 2005

Roasted Carrots with Honey

Roasted Carrots with Honey (Adapted from Everyday Food)

1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and diagonally cut into 2" lengths (halved if very thick)
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon orange blossom honey

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

On a large, rimmed baking sheet, add carrots and drizzle with olive oil - season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well coated. Place into the oven and cook until tender, turning once, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven, drizzle with honey and gently toss to coat.

Makes about 4 servings.

Just found the recipe? Click here to see where we talked about it!

5 comments:

  1. Don't laugh but I am going to make the carrots tomorrow for my preschoolers for lunch. They will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy - That is great news! I'm glad you would want to try these out on the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried these Sunday. I made just under two pounds and three people liked them so much there was very little left over. They were so good that I repeated the same recipe the next night with three pounds of baby carrots (which eliminated the washing, peeling, cutting). YUM. DEE-LISH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Razz - Fantastic! Glad they went over well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were so good! They're my new go-to carrot dish.

    ReplyDelete