Saturday, July 02, 2005

Cinnamon Fudge

Cinnamon Fudge(Adapted from BBCL - Val)

3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
10 ounces cinnamon chips
7 ounces marshmallow creme
2 teaspoons vanilla

Line a 9X13" pan with foil then coat with cooking spray.

In a heavy bottom 3 quart sauce pan, combine sugar, butter, and milk. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Keep stirring and boil for 5 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir in the cinnamon chips until melted. Add marshmallow creme and vanilla then beat until blended.

Carefully pour mixture into the prepared dish. Let cool to room temperature then gently lift out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into squares.

7 comments:

  1. Joe, this is my first comment, but I read your blog everyday and love it. You may see me as lindzano on the CLBB, although I don't post that much. We seem to have similar tastes- and I enjoy your reviews., it seems if you like it, I will too! that cinnamon fudge looks great! I'm going to try it for a Christmas party on Friday. I saw you had those cappucino chips from World Market and I wondered if you had considered using this instead of cinnamon chips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good, where do you get the cinnamon chips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindzano - That was my first thought was to make fudge actually! Hee hee!

    Michele - I've found them at safeway and Walmart SuperCenter - Also you can order them from King Arthur Flour's Baker Catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was....different. But, addictive at the same time. My 6 year old made me pinch him, he thought he was dreaming it tasted so good! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NM - Good description! Jeff is already asking for more... it is probably his favorite holiday treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How far in advance can you make this fudge, Joe? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca - As long as you keep it contained well in a cool spot (I wouldn't refrigerate it - however, freezing is ok) it should last at least a week or two. If you can keep your fingers out of it!

    ReplyDelete