Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Coolin down with lemons

The heat was just unreal this afternoon. The sun turned this dull red/orange color with all the dust in the air. They say the monsoon season is suppose to offically start tomorrow. I really hope it cools down soon!

Time flew by today... but I did fit in some time to make "classic" lemon bars for Jeff to bring into work tomorrow. I wasn't sure what to make but I saw that I had enough leftover lemons from last nights dessert and I knew we already really liked this recipe so I needed to make them. I added a bit more lemon zest and juice as I normally do. We wanted them in small pieces so it was just a bite of lemon goodness!Tonight's entrée was Center cut Pork Loin Chops with Cinnamon Apples. I served buttered poppyseed egg noodles on the side. This turned out to be a great combination as pork and apples usually are. The pork was seasoned simply with a mixture of rubbed sage, salt and pepper. I loved the poppyseeds on the noodles - it gave it some great texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment