Saturday, July 02, 2005

Frosted Peanut Butter and Banana Bars

Frosted Peanut Butter and Banana Bars(Adapted from One Smart Cookie)

2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg white
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350


Lightly coat a 8X8" pan with cooking spray

In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, oil, sugars, egg, egg white and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in bananas until blended - the batter will be lumpy.

In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in peanut butter chips. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.

Place batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. The original recipe had the time at 40-45 minutes, but when I made them they were done way earlier. Bake until the top is golden and starts to pull away from the sides. If you touch the center it should spring back. Cool completely before frosting.

Click here for the peanut butter frosting.

4 comments:

  1. yummy dessert, I tried it tonight, my icing looks more dark in color than yours but taste good. :-) I couldn't get the frosting to a fluffy point so I put it in the frig for 30 minutes and that did the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie - Thanks for letting me know, glad they worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the recipe overall, but I'm incredibly picky about my frosting and if I make it again I will probably use a Dorie Greenspan peanut butter frosting that I love. The bars are great and the frosting does go well with them. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biscuitpusher - Which DG recipe would you use?

    ReplyDelete