Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Too much zucchini

I had some leftover zucchini I wanted to use up today, so after going through some cookbooks I spotted a recipe that sounded good. These cookies are adapated from the KA Cookie Companion. Lemon-Zucchini Drops have a great texture as they are a little crunchy on the outside, but the inside is still very tender. The lemon zest in the cookie stands out quite well against the dried cranberries, cinnamon and zucchini. A simple lemon glaze is poured on over the top that hardens slightly.

Tonight for dinner we had a great pasta dish. Four-Cheese Stuffed Shells with Smoky Marinara(CL). The pasta shells are stuffed with ricotta, cottage cheese, asiago, parmesan and some chopped spinach. The marinara is fantastic with this combo. Fresh basil, fire roasted tomatoes, olive oil and garlic - how could that go wrong? This made 2 9X13 filled pans so you could freeze one unbaked and throw that one in the oven at a later date for a quick dinner!


13 comments:

  1. OOH!
    the pasta looks so good, at frateeli fresh they had huge squid ink shells! that would look cool....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stuffed shells recipe. It is great. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're using so many recipes from Cooking Light, Joe. I rely on them on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh i love stuffed pastas those look delicious,will definitely try that sometime mmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of pasta! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good, Joe. I've had zucchini cookies bookmarked for some time, but I keep eating all the zucchini before I can get around to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually made these stuffed shells before! They were great. I really liked that CL feature on meals that you make once, freeze some, and eat it twice. The cookies look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool idea :) the shells look hmmmm i'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it amazing, what you can hide zucchini in? The stuffed shells look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clare - that sounds cool!

    Punky - Thanks!

    Shauna - Thanks! I really enjoy most of their recipes and it just fits in with our lifestle!

    Catesa - please do try it!

    Crystal - Yeah it makes a fair amount! Good for leftovers though. It reheats very well.

    Nic - Thanks! I'm surprised I like zucchini as much as I have been in baked goods.

    Alice - Cool! I agree, that was a great feature!

    Sure Chloe! :) Thanks!

    Fiordizucca - Thanks for visiting!

    Dawna - It sure is! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joe, Those lemon-zucchini cookies look delish, especially with the lemon glaze. Very compelling combination of ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the sound of those zucchini cookies - any chance of the recipe, Joe?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete