Friday, March 03, 2006

Thanks!

I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks for all of the birthday wishes and cards! I had my fair share of the cake yesterday and we still have a bunch leftover... I asked Jeff if we should bring some to work or send a couple slices to some friends, but I got the look of "don't you dare - it will freeze fine and we will eat it!" So I guess that took care of that!

While I was making breakfast this morning, I looked out the window to the backyard and noticed during sunrise that the sun was reflecting off a triangle glass table we have outside with a metal cactus sculpture on it. This displayed on the window for only a few minutes. First time I've ever seen this happen! As always, you can see a bigger version by clicking on the photo.

Tonight's dinner, Lasagna Rolls with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, is actually cooked in the microwave instead of being baked in the oven. Even though this recipe leaves you with a bunch of dishes to clean up, I thought it was pretty quick to come together if you set it up in assembly line fashion. The sauce and fresh basil definitely make this recipe. The filling is a thick mixture of tender baby spinach, mushrooms, onion, creamy ricotta and delicate shredded mozzarella. I'm not too keen on raw bell peppers, but I love the intense flavor that the roasted red peppers added to the sauce. I served this with some fresh broccoli and the White Chedder Black Pepper biscuits. If you are looking for a change from the same ol' layered lasagna, give this one a try!


4 comments: