Sunday, May 14, 2006

Leavin' on a jet plane... well not yet but soon!

Busy week in this kitchen! Eleven new recipes were made - the standouts for us were the Strawberry-Black Pepper Tart for Two and Taco Salad.

We are hoppin' on a plane later in the week heading to Minnesota. Jen (my sister) is finally getting married on Saturday at the farm, so we are heading out there early to help where we can with the setup. After that, we are flying back to Maryland to look at more houses - hopefully we can find one we like this trip! Things might be hit or miss here until we come back.

Since we only have a couple days to make stuff this week before we leave, I have a few ideas of things I want to get done. Here's a quick peek at three ingredients that will be combined as part of tomorrow night's dinner!

Happy Mother's Day to our Moms and all the other Moms out there! Back with more tomorrow....

*I also updated the recipes lists in both the Main Dish/Sides and Baked Goods sections - We had added well over 300 recipes to the website so far with no plans on stopping! You may have to hit refresh to see the additions.

7 comments:

  1. Joe - I'm amazed that you still find time to cook amidst your house selling, house hunting, and sister's wedding. At least you'll get to escape the heat, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...smoked mozzarella! Yum...I had some with my eggs yesterday (me, trying to sleep, being asked ever so sweetly by Alex "Do you want cheesey eggs?", for my breakfast in bed); good stuff.

    Good luck house-hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. smoked mozzarella? now that sounds like an interesting ingredient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Former Minnesotan here, Joe. What part of the state is the wedding? Now, practice up on your accent. Repeat after me: Ya, sure, youbetcha! Ufdaa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ed - It does get quite crazy around here! And yes, we can't wait to get to some cooler temperatures!

    Stephanie - I love it in omelets... so good!

    Catesa - It is! Have you tried it?

    Ivonne - Thanks!

    Harry - I grew up in southern MN - the same place the wedding is being held. We lived near Albert Lea and after I graduated I moved up to Minneapolis for awhile. Don't get me started on accents...!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. to be honest ive never heard of it until now, even living in Italy for a couple years i never came across it lol do you think its an American thing?

    ReplyDelete